Today the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was released during the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, California. I'm sure you've all seen it by now, but here it is again because awesome. After the video are some of my observations of what is seen in the teaser.
Now for the observations. Some are interesting and some are just observations àpropos to nothing specific. I'm going to use a bullet list because brevity.
- Luke Skywalker says, "The force is strong in my family. My father has it." That's present tense.
- Lea receives the light saber from a non-human 1/2 to 2/3 her size wearing many bracelets; race unknown.
- The Tie Fighter in the flight bay is shooting at the docked Tie Fighters. The Storm Troopers seem surprised - especially the one turned upside down by the explosion. The renegade Tie Fighter is not of the same design as the other Tie Fighters seen in the teaser. It has a slit window rather than a round window.
- By the engine configuration of the landed ship behind the renegade Tie Fighter, that other ship is like the ones accompanying the shuttle toward the orbiting Star Destroyer at the end of the teaser. It is a new design.
- The first wreck on
Tatooine(EDIT 4/17/15: according to Screen Junkies the first planet is Jaku (sp?)) is a Star Destroyer. The wreck the Millennium Falcon flies into is much larger. By the engine configuration it is a Super Star Destroyer, the starport side; it is upside down.
- The Stormtrooper's helmet has three bloody finger smudges dragged down the face of the helmet and there is another bloody smudge on the opposite chin. He looks like he's going to be sick.
- The little droid that looks like stacked bouncy balls peers around a hall junction on the Millennium Falcon, but is also apparently with the short-haired woman and the Stormtrooper of the bloody helmet during the Tie Fighter strafing run on Tatooine. They must get a ride on the Millennium Falcon.
Does anyone see anything else? Guesses as to meaning?